The Williamsburt Sailing Foundation (WSF) is a volunteer, community based non-profit 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to promoting the sport of sailing. WSF is committed to community-wide participation through outreach programs emphasizing youth, learn-to-sail, and race training.
- Kingsmill Resort Marina is the ideal location for first time, novice and youth sailors.
- Scheduled open sail dates will be posted on our calendar during the year for skill certified members. Certified members must register in advance and pay a fee for boat utilization ($40.00 per half day) (parents must remain on the premises for members 8-13 years of age). There will be a Certified Sailing Instructor and safety boat on the water during open sail.
- Sailing instruction - Basic Sailing Course and Individual Instruction
Types of Membership
- Senior is an adult over the age of 64.
- Single is an adult between the ages of 18 through 64.
- Student is defined as an individual attending school between the ages of 8 through 26 and is not a member of a WSF sponsored high school/college sailing team.
- High school /college sailing team is defined a a team that is an active participant in weekly team practices during the school year. School teams will provide their own coaches.
- Family is defined as two adults and all dependents living within the same household.
Restrictions and Obligations
- Members are subject to all rules and regulations of the Kingsmill Resort and Marina.
- All members must be skill certified to sail on Open Sail dates.
- Members with prior sailing experience may register with our office administrator to take the Skills Test for $40.00 to become certified in the 420 Sailboat. Members with little or no sailing experience must first take lessons and complete our basic sailing course for certification by WSF. (*1st time failure to pass the Skills Test- members will be able to schedule a 2nd try at no additional cost).
- Team Lessons/Saturday Lessons/Summer Camp and Open Sail dates are subject to cancellation due to the lack of students, safety issues, weather conditions or as the Board of Directors deems necessary.
- Boats are available on a first registered first serve basis with the exception of scheduled instruction, events, and regattas.
- Volunteering is an excellent way to learn about race organizing and other facets of sailing management.
- Senior, Adult, Student, and Family memberships are annual from date of registration.
- High School/College team memberships are annual from August 15th through August 14th of the next year (No Pro-ration). The Coaching seasons are as follows: Fall season starts August 15th and ends the 2nd week of November, Spring season starts March 1st and ends the last week of May.
To sign up for membership or to make a donation, please find our application HERE. To participate in any WSF activity, please find our waiver form HERE.
Please print and sign these documents and send, along with your check made payable to WSF to: Williamsburg Sailing Foundation (c/o Hamner Development)
703 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Suite A11
Newport News, VA 23606
WILLIAMSBURG SAILING FOUNDATION